I am passionate about intelligent, principle based yoga teacher teaching. Creating a learning space, where people are inspired, and encouraged to dig deep, understanding themselves and what they want to convey. Its my greatest joy to upskill teachers, who can ripple out and inspire others with their knowledge, understanding and curiosity.
I teach on the ISHTA 200hr and 300hr trainings in London. Here is created the content for the Anatomy and Physiology lectures, including Anatomy basics, hips and pelvis, shoulder girdle, respiration and nervous system. On the 300hr I teach the neurophysiology, endocrine system and the energetics of yoga.
I created the Vitality Pregnancy Yoga Training with Tara Lee, who I have worked closely with since 2013. It begins with an online module that is open to all movement professionals, providing knowledge of how to work with pregnant clients.
Vitality Pregnancy Yoga Teacher Training with Tara Lee
Dates for this course are to be confirmed.
Pregnancy is one of the most amazing journeys a woman can have in her life. Pregnancy yoga offers a mother the opportunity to connect with her baby and nurture herself while preparing for birth and the huge life change ahead.
What is included:
4 full days of in-person training (28 hours) and approximately 8 hours of homework/observational work. Our online introductory course must be completed prior to starting the rest of the training.
Topics covered include:
- Benefits of Pregnancy Yoga (intro)
- Contraindications for yoga in pregnancy (intro)
- Anatomy and physiology – changes in the body during pregnancy and birth
- Modifying open yoga classes for pregnant students (intro)
- Sequencing a pregnancy yoga class using different themes
- Variations for trimesters and key symptoms
- Pranayama and the subtle body
- Working with props and modifications to support pregnant students.
- Lecture from visiting Women’s Health Physiotherapist
- Understanding PGP and other common symptoms associated with pregnancy
- Psychology of pregnancy and the transition into motherhood
- Yoga Nidra and deep relaxation during pregnancy
- Hormonal changes
- Philosophy- Understanding the chakras, vayus, koshas and gunas in relation to pregnancy
- Lecture from experienced Midwife Jenny Smith on birth and recovery
- Using yoga to prepare for labour
- Partner work during pregnancy yoga classes
- Using music, positive affirmations and inspirational quotes in classes
Homework topics and pre-course reading:
- Write a guided relaxation themed for pregnancy
- Write a class plan that encompasses three common symptoms
- Write a practice for birth preparation
- 2 x Class observations (with write-ups using the class observation form)
- Submit 3 class plans with different themes of your choice
- Write an essay on a choice of topics provided
Online Course : Introduction to Teaching Pregnancy Yoga
With the ratio of women practitioners in yoga classes today all teachers will experience a student coming to class pregnant. Just a little information can give you the confidence to advise and teach your students safely, and that serves them and their baby the best way possible.
This course includes four hours of learning specifically designed for yoga teachers. Learn how to respond to the needs of expectant mothers and how to advise them throughout a lesson. As well as
- Introduction to pregnancy
- Benefits of teaching pregnancy yoga
- Understanding contraindications
- How to modify a range of common yoga poses
ISHTA Yoga Teacher Training
The 200-hr ISHTA Yoga Teacher Training is a unique training designed to deepen your own practice and understanding of yoga, and you may enroll in the program without plans to teach. The entire course is taught under the guidance of Yogiraj Katrina Repka, and is limited to 15 people, giving each student a deeply individualised and personal experience. Topics include
- In-depth Posture Labs and Asana Practice
- Pranayama and Meditation
- The Subtle Body and the Chakra System
- Restorative and Prenatal Yoga
- Injury Management
- …and more!
This all-encompassing experience of yoga has been described as life-changing.
The next 200 hr Teacher Training will take place from September 2020 – until June 2021. Cost of the training is £5,000. Please email email@example.com for details and to book.
300hr Advanced Training
This course is for students who have completed the 200-hour (non ISHTA-certified 200-hour teachers are required to do a bridge program of 26 hrs. of 200 hr. lectures as an ISHTA immersion). The training is a deepening of understanding and experience of teaching. It provides the confidence of depth of knowledge in both theory and practice. Topics include advanced asana, anatomy, injury management, neurophysiology and yoga psychology, sequencing, pranayama, meditation, ISHTA therapeutics, Yoga Nidra, the mastery of hands-on adjustments, and more. The goal of this course is to pass on the intelligence of the ISHTA yoga lineage, both the energy and the wisdom, and to ground the trainee in a personal practice that integrates all aspects of ancient yoga and modern living into a living yoga of wisdom and joy.
The next ISHTA Yoga 300 Hr London Training will take place in September 2019 – June 2020. For more details please email firstname.lastname@example.org